Bikes and stories

Yamaha XTZ 750 Super Ténéré

26.11.2013 | 12:00

The Yamaha XTZ 750 Super Ténéré is a travel enduro. It based on the competition version YZE 750/850 T, which won the first three places in the Dakar Rally in 1991. It was built from 1989 to 1996.

 

The Norton 16H

25.11.2013 | 12:00

The Norton 16H model was built from 1911 to 1954. On the picture is a military version of the 500cc side valve single-cylinder with 14 hp.Its called Norton WD 16H. For the war about 100,000 units were built.

 

Harley-Davidson Oldschool Bobber

24.11.2013 | 12:00

Harley-Davidson Knucklehead engine in old school bobber with rigid frame. The Knucklehead received overhead valves, replacing the 1936 Flathead engine. The new series OHV engine was built until 1947 parallel to the Site Valve Flathead Engines.

 

Honda CB 750 Four

23.11.2013 | 12:00

Honda CB 750 Four with fiberglass bodywork from Vetter. The bodyworks were built for Honda and Triumph . The teeth were a little sloppy painted by hand. If you look closely you will notice that tank and plastic side cover replicate a shark form.

 

Suzuki GSX-R 600

22.11.2013 | 12:00

The Suzuki GSX-R 600 is an indirect descendant of the GSX-R 750, which is technically almost identical. From 2004 to today the 180kg heavy vehicles are equipped with fuel injection system and have proudly 125 HP.

 

Ducati Monster S2R 1000

21.11.2013 | 12:00

To save weight, the Ducati Monster S2R 1000 from 2007 has no side stand. In the garage it stands on a special mounting stand. At the gas station the driver has to sit on the bike. While he goes to pay, he leans the bike to a wall.

 

Yamaha FZ 750

20.11.2013 | 12:00

The Yamaha FZ 750 motorcycle from 1985 was the first bike on the market with 4-cylinder four-stroke and 20 valves. The three inlet and two outlet valves led to a really high torque for this class.

 

Deutz diesel engine

19.11.2013 | 12:00

DEUTZ AG is a German engine manufacturer founded in 1864 with headquarters in Cologne. Deutz engines are installed mainly in agricultural machinery. To put such a diesel engine in a motorcycle frame as in the photo is curious.

 

HD STREET GLIDE - MEMPHIS BELLE

19.11.2013 | 06:49

The bike is a HD STREET GLIDE 2008, the project was conducted in Uruguay and was a tribute to American bomber MEMPHIS BELLE, deputy sent a brief review of this bomber.

 

 

Captain Robert T. Morgan named the Superfortress as Memphis Belle in honor of a bride named Margaret Polk , whom he had known way to Memphis .

The logo of the female pin -up in the nose was created by artist George Petty and painted by Tony Starcer . It should be noted that the widespread custom of painting girls and baptize their aircraft with female names was a form of good luck charm for the Flyers at the time.

 

 

The Memphis Belle completed his 25 missions from the base since November 7, 1942 until May 17, 1943 . The Memphis Belle traveled 32,000 km , flying 148 hours and 50 minutes , and throwing 60 tons of bombs on targets in enemy territory. Their main targets were the submarine bases in France , naval bases in Germany and its mission was more a mission trip to Rotterdam in the Netherlands. He received flak damage on its sides and also suffered damage in the rudder and rotatable ball machine gun located on the bottom of the device , five times again with one of its engines on fire. He attributed the downing eight enemy fighters cash and damaged a dozen of them without confirmar.

 

 

Although his injured triputantes ended up recovering. Notably, the fact that the Memphis Belle survived almost intact its 25 missions was remarkable given the proportion of casualties suffered by the USAF in enemy territory. At that time the allied war statistics showed between 50-80% being shot down on a mission and complete the 25 missions imposed as a goal to return home was a milestone elusive.

 

Thx to Leandro Minervino for the pics and the wonderful story!!!

Maicomobil MB 200

18.11.2013 | 12:00

The Maicomobil MB 200 was a full covered motorcycle of the Swabian manufacturer Maico. It was presented  as "the car with the two wheels" to the public in June 1950 in Reutlingen. The single cylinder 2-stroke engine has about 10 hp.